Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dinner Possible: 7-Layer Dip

Note: This post was originally done on March 27, 2010. I'm updating it now to go along with the Meal Ideas video contest I've just submitted.



My 7-layer dip has become somewhat famous among friends. But once, I run around F&E to get the ingredients, I thought maybe I can just try using ALL F&E products and see how it would work out.

And boy, has that worked out! 

Usually, my first layer is non-fat refried beans with Mexican-style cheese blend melted into it. But since I've come to love F&E Cuban Black Bean Dip, I figured, why not? The rest is pretty much the same.

One-Stop-Shop F&E 7-Layer Dip

Layer them up however you'd like. I usually like to put sour cream layer OVER the guacamole to help keep the guac from browning a little bit. Optional: let the dip sit in the fridge for an hour for the flavors to meld together. Served with any of F&E Tortilla chips.

Layer 1
1 jar of F&E Cuban Black Bean Dip.

Layer 2
2 tubs of F&E fresh Guacamole.

Layer 3 - The Secret Layer
Mix well 1 big tub of (light) F&E Sour Cream and 1 packet of Lawry's Taco Seasoning. Yep. It's the secret ingredient that makes people go...hmm...what's THAT?

Layer 4
1 container of F&E fresh salsa (mild, medium, or spicy...your choice!)

Layer 5
As much as you like of the F&E Mexican Style Shredded Cheese

Layer 6
2 cans of F&E sliced black olives or 1 can of chopped Black Olives.

Layer 7
Finely sliced green onion to your liking.

1 comment:

Olaina said...

Am part of the Oakley's Food Fan Club. Had her F&E 7-layer dip on Wed.,July 4, am making it myself three days later for a BBQ. Yum! Mmmmmm.... good!